Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Two days till Twilight!

I’m not a big movie fan. This past summer Sean & I saw our very first movie in the theatre together. As in we had never been to a movie theatre together. I can’t remember the last movie I saw in a theatre before that. It might have been the third Matrix movie.
It’s not that we don’t like movies. We can just think of a lot of other, more preferable ways to spend $20 – like for GAS to go visit our friends family who are strewn all over this state (and hopefully the ones outside this state too). And it’s so much more comfortable to just pay $4.95 for pay-per-view movies at home.
So given all this, it’s slightly out of character for me to buy ADVANCE tickets to a MIDNIGHT showing of a movie AND take the day after off work to go see said movie.
If you’ve talked to me, read my blogs or even my MySpace/Facebook status in the past month, then you may have heard about current unhealthy obsession with Twilight. That is what has brought me out of my unintentional movie boycott to not only see a midnight show, but to also buy a SECOND ticket to see this movie with a group of Twilighters (or Twi-hards, whatever you prefer) after the Twilight party I’m attending at TWILIGHT on Friday.
As the day draws nearer, the anticipation only increases. At first, I wasn’t even sure I was going to see the movie. Movies so rarely live up to the story as you’ve created it in your mind. And the first time I saw a promo photo of the cast, I was devastated by their choice for who would play my beloved Edward. That pretty much set me against the movie. But I couldn’t stay away from the websites and the hype. Looking back at those first photos I saw, they should fire the photographer as well as the stylist who did that ill-fated shoot. I couldn’t have DREAMT of a better person to play Edward than Rob Pattinson.
So it is with bated breath that I await Friday morning at 12:01 a.m. Until then, I’ll prepare myself for the fact that, despite their best intents to stay true to the Twilight story, it just won’t be the same. But I’m sure it will be AWESOME.

1 comment:

statekate said...

Are you going to the midnight show alone?