Friday, January 16, 2009

Look at all the clouds!

When I was little, the road to grandma and grandpa’s went past several “cloud-making factories.” Now that I’m older I know that they were power plants but it’s still fun to think of them as cloud-making factories.

This morning on my way to work in sub-zero temperatures, EVERYTHING looked like a cloud-making factory. The cars, manholes, all the buildings – even the river! It was kind of crazy to look out across the city as I was dodging all the jerks on 75 who don’t know how to use their turn signals and see all the clouds materializing out of this little concrete jungle I call home.

As fun as it is to pretend that the buildings are spitting out clouds, I’d still rather it was warm enough that I couldn’t see any of this going on. Hurry up spring - I'm cold!

2 comments:

Nancy143 said...

I'm sorry you had to go out in this cold.

I'm still debating if we'll go to the YMCA today or not.

statekate said...

I thought the clouds coming out of the cars look more like little white tails.

I don't miss the ride pass the power plants, but it brings back fond memories.