Friday, January 2, 2009

This week in knitting and crocheting

My mom taught me how to crochet when I was home for Thanksgiving. I've been really enjoying teaching myself different stitches and practicing keeping my stitches even. Last week I finally decided to attempt to follow a pattern and make a scarf. Here's my first attempt. I am THRILLED with it.


So after my crochet success, I decided to revisit knitting. I've been wanting to learn something besides a bacic knit-stitch dish cloth and scarf. I've signed up for a knitting class at JoAnn Fabrics - stitch sampler scarf. I'm super excited for that. Anyway, so I tried to do a washcloth from a pattern. It was going great but the final corner got a little mishshapen. I'm going to try another. I'll let you know how it turns out. Here's the little dish cloth who almost could.

No comments: