Thursday, August 6, 2009

The Nursery

The nursery is coming along nicely. The cribs and dressers are put together and the bedding has been washed. They even have a shiny new window fan thanks to Grandma and Grandpa Kovacs. We ran into a snafu with the changing table – one piece was badly scratched. The manufacturer is sending us a touch-up kit so we’ll see how that works. I will definitely be sending them a letter since we bought a LOT of furniture and we expect QUALITY!

We still need figure out a window covering but how hard can that be? Also, we didn’t want to buy a huge clothes hamper but that’s all we’ve been able to find besides the tiny cloth and wooden frame ones they sell at Babies R Us. I guess they’ll need a full size one soon enough, right? This is such a minor thing it’s almost a non-issue.

The babies have been a lot more active over the past couple weeks. I can definitely notice their sleep and wake periods. I have yet to find anything that really gets them going but I think it’s still early for that. We go in for a growth scan on Monday to make sure they’re growing like they should be (from the looks of my belly they are!). It’s always exciting to see them. Having frequent ultrasounds is definitely one of the perks of having twins. It’s so nice to be able to see them every couple weeks and actually SEE that things are going well.

I had a new tech at the last ultrasound and she said, “I sure hope you got some good pictures of them when they were little.” Of course I asked her why. She said that as they get bigger and bigger, it’s just hard to get a good shot of them. Growing babies is good!

No comments: