Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Green cleaning/Diaper bag update

Lots of excitement around here! Over the weekend I made our first batch of homemade laundry soap and used it for all the laundry. We still have some dryer sheets so I plan to finish those off before using anything “green.” I don’t know if I’m partial but I really thought the laundry smelled extra fresh. We have an issue with washcloths and towels tending to smell musty. When this happens, I soak them in the washer in hot water and straight white vinegar and then wash with more white vinegar in the fabric softener thingamajig. I’m curious to see how the homemade detergent handles the towels and washcloths since it has Borax and Arm and Hammer Washing Soda.

As we finish off our other cleaning products I’ll be gradually switching to greener options. Some of which will be homemade. I’ll keep you all posted on how that works out.

The diaper bag came yesterday and I must say that it wasn’t as horribly enormous as I thought it was going to be. It’s definitely a manageable size. I haven’t done a trial packing yet to see how it works but it seems like it should fit everything nicely. It also seems sturdy and well-made which is always something you look for when you spend a lot of money on something! The one thing I was surprised about was that it didn’t even come with a tag of a diagram showing how to use the bag or explaining what the many specialized compartments are for (like I included in my last blog post). No need to fear though, we figured it out!

Some of you may have noticed the new blog template that isn’t quite working out. One of these days I’m going to either figure out to fix the template or find one that works properly. I’m kind of bummed though because I really liked this one.

No comments: