Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Back in the Saddle

My friend Christina has inspired to me cowboy up, ignore the sleep deprivation, and start blogging again before the twins turn 1. Since my last post was from a few weeks before the babies joined us, I have few things I’d like to cover before we get started – for those of you who aren’t in the know (meaning the few who aren’t on Facebook).

- Madeline Elise (5lb 15oz) and Emery Dale (6lb 7 oz) were born on October 24, 2009. Yes I’ve started their birth story and no, it’s not done. You can add that to a laundry list of things I need to do. Despite having both types of delivery, I was very happy with how things went and the babies only had to spend one extra night in the hospital due to jaundice.

- We are cloth diapering M&E. We did a trial when they were a few weeks old and realized it was beyond manageable and took the plunge. It has since become one of my obsessions. I can see how women go overboard with it so I’m trying to keep my habit within reason.

- I’m still breast feeding. And yes, I nurse them both at the same time. It’s called the EZ2 Nurse pillow and every mom of twins who wants to breast feed needs one.

- We started solids at six months and we’re making our own food. Much to my surprise, I LOVE making baby food. We get to start some new things in a few weeks and I can’t wait.

- I try not to refer to the Madeline and Emery as “the twins” all the time. I try not to obsess about it, but I want them to be individuals just as much as they are part of a unit.


If you don’t hear from me for a while, feel free to give me a “nudge” about posting. I do enjoy this and hope some of my readers enjoy reading it. I definitely have a LOT to say about a lot of things.

2 comments:

Barb said...

Glad to see you back! I was hoping you'd start posting again.

Zarnoch : ) said...

LOVE it!!! So glad you made your first "back in the saddle" post! Jenn made her own baby food too with the twins! And as much as she refers to them as twins...they are completely opposite!!! This will be awesome to watch M&E grow:)