Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Domestic Affairs


I'm having an affair...with Corningware. I've already admitted my sins to my dad, but can't bring myself to tell my Fiesta. It all started a little over 4 years ago when Sean & I were on our honeymoon. There was some French White Corningware with lids in our timeshare. We were AMAZED by how well it warmed up our leftovers. They were as perfectly heated as they were in the restaurant.

Off and on over the past four years I've often thought of those dishes and how wonderfully they helped warm up leftovers. I had even mentioned it to dad about HLC coming up with some kind of lid to fit on some of their bowls. He said it wasn't possible because they allow for a 1/8 inch variation (EITHER WAY!) on all their dishes. So there would be no way to make the lid fit all dishes.

I haven't given up on my press for lids that fit my Fiesta, but I broke down and bought Sean a 20 oz French White cup with vented lid to warm up his lunch in. I just washed it and feel a little bad about my Made in China cup. But one little cup won't hurt. Right?

2 comments:

melissakay said...

I can't believe you are betraying your Fiesta! You got me hooked on that stuff.

summerific said...

It's just ONE little piece :)