Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Repost from May 7, 2008

I used to have a blog on MySpace before I got my grown-up blog here. I'm going to repost some of my favorite posts on here since I don't plan on keeping that account open much longer.

I've been on an Oasis kick lately. I even requested all the Oasis CD's they had at the library since I only had one. Oasis is one of those bands that instantly takes me back in time. I can put it on and all of a sudden I'm 20 years old sitting in Molton Hall with my favorite soccer player listening to Oasis REALLY LOUD. Good times.

And when I think about that time during my life I think about the rest of my four years at Rio…and hanging out in the courtyard behind the president's office. It was so quiet back there. And of course there's the helicopter pad (whatever that was – they have a road that goes up there now) and the water tower.

I remember skipping class with Jason (Wells, not Bingman) and driving around Gallia County for hours…just getting lost and not really caring…listening to music (with Wells it was usually Bob Marley not Oasis – different crowd).

Then there was one of my favorite pastimes - skipping Grande Chorale practice to party…or just to nap (usually to just nap). Occasionally there was calling off work with Steve (Wasteir, not Bush). When we worked together we had to coordinate that – especially if we were using SNOW as an excuse.

It's funny because some of my more prominent memories are with people who were only in my life for very brief periods of time.

And despite the fact that I'm happy and content with my life right now, I still occasionally wish I could go back there and relive it – just for one day. Okay, maybe a whole weekend. I'm beyond glad that I had the opportunity to go to college. I'm also glad I chose Rio. A lot of people complain about it but I wouldn't change a thing. I feel like I was meant to go there; destined to meet the people I met and make the decisions I made that have led me to where I am today. You all know who you are…and I thank you for being there and for being you. I had a blast.

No comments: