Monday, July 12, 2010

Life

An inspiring young lady I know passed away today. I didn't know her very well and was not prepared for how much her passing would affect me. I realize this is nothing compared to the loss her family and friends are feeling right now. I can't even pinpoint the source of these feelings.

Is it because she was so young? Is it because even though she spent most of her life very sick, she spent that time living life to the fullest and yet I complain about minor difficulties in my life?

Or is it because I view things differently now that I'm a mother myself? I can definitely say that I look at almost everything differently now that I'm a parent. When I hear things like this, I think about how I would feel if that were my child. Though, I'm fairly certain, that if she were my child, through the pain I'd be proud she was mine.

No comments: