Monday, March 28, 2011

Menu Plan Monday - March 28, 2011


I’m linking up with Laura at orgjunkie.com for Menu Planning Monday. We have never made Indian but we like it. So I’m excited to be trying some Indian recipes this week. These were inspired by a KERF post.


Salad ingredients

  • Corn salad (new green from our Happy Box)/spinach/lettuce
  • Cucumber
  • Tomato
  • Avocado
  • Red, yellow or orange pepper
  • Carrot
  • Green onion
  • Beets

Recap from a few of last week’s menu items
Azuki Bean Casserole - I ended up making this by myself. This isn’t really a big deal but I HATE chopping things and I was home by myself w/the babies. This is a real challenge right now b/c Mr. Emery is obsessed with climbing on the chairs and STANDING and doing all sorts of dangerous things. We did not buy the dried mushrooms and tomatoes and I realized as I was making this that she chose them so that you can make a broth of sorts from soaking them in water.
I made a few other changes out of necessity (for the pumpkin I had defrosted in the microwave) but was BLOWN AWAY by how good this was. I made some red quinoa as a side. It was fabulous and the babies can eat this. It made enough that I was able to freeze some for later. WINNING!

Roasted Cabbage - This was the second time we made this and this time we used more lemon. It would’ve been perfect but Chef Sean took them out of the oven a bit early. They were still yummy.


Greek Salad Sandwich from the March 2011 Everyday Food (p. 95) – this sandwich was FABULOUS! It was super easy and tasty.


I would also like to take a minute to rave about how much I love Everyday Food. We used to get Cooking Light. And while I like it, we’d been through the rotation after two consecutive years subscribing, and some of the recipes are pretty in depth or call for obscure ingredients. I bought Everyday Food on a whim from a friend’s son’s school fundraiser and what a FIND! I love it. I tell everyone about it. They have easy recipes made out of normal ingredients that don’t take forever to make – perfect for school nights!

No comments: