Saturday, April 2, 2011

Whole Foods Rocks

I was in Columbus today and didn't have to be back to Dayton right away. What else wa there to do besides go to Whole Foods, right? Part of me just wanted to get home because there's plenty that needs done there, but I decided that I don't often get the opportunity to go to Whole Foods.

The parking lot was insane but what can you expect for a Saturday afternoon at the best grocery store on earth (next to Jungle Jim's)? But I don't let crazy people stand in my way!

I don't even think I can pick a favorite thing about Whole Foods. I love it all! I was blown away by the local products they have (one being my favorite Fabulous Ferments and even tea from Athens!). I can't get enough Fab Ferments' lacto-fermented sauerkraut. I got Sean the hot kimchi. I looked all over hoping they had their Kombucha too but no luck.

I didn't get too crazy but managed to leave with this:

  • Fab Ferments Hot Kimchi
  • Pepperjack cheese cubes
  • Artichoke Spinach Hummus
  • CoCo multigrain popcakes
  • Smoked salmon
  • A Quotable Cards magnet
And this is what my magnet says:

finish each day and be done with it. you have done what you could. some blunders and absurdities have crept in; forget them as soon as you can. tomorrow is a new day. you shall begin it serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense.
-emerson

No comments: