Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Advocare Day 9 - morning

Well, the day I've been waiting for finally came. I was back up to 176.4. Four pounds? I keep telling myself I'm not going to obsess about it but I can't help but keep wondering what I did differently. The only thing I can figure is that the salmon dish had soy sauce in it so maybe it's water? I still feel very motivated so it's not a super big deal.

I was talking to our sitter about it this morning and she said she doesn't weigh herself that often. And that reminded me of another conversation I had with a coworker the last time I was working on losing weight. She said I shouldn't weigh myself daily or else it might become an obsession. My response? Um, look at me. Do I look like I obsess about my weight? NOT paying attention to my weight on a daily basis is what got me into the spot in the first place! Ever since I lost about 20 lbs a couple years ago, I've weighed myself at LEAST every other day - even during my pregnancy.

Granted, I think that weighing oneself is a personal issue, like so many things. I realize that a daily weigh in might cause problems for some people. I'm not just not one of those people. At least not right now. And once I get this weight off, I plan to continue with at least an-every-other-day weigh in. I don't plan on letting my weight get out of control again. I once dated a guy whose mom would work on losing weight if she gained 5 lbs. Five pounds is much easier to lose than 50.

2 comments:

psjmom said...

That is funny that you mention, not weighing yourself is how you got in the position you are in... Well, I am in the same position! I have never weighed myself. Only the doctor and the Army weigh me. The good news, I am comfortable with me. The bad news, I don't even know what my "skinny" weight. Back to more good news, I do still have a pair of jeans that wore when I got married. I will bust them out when I reach the 150s. Thanks again for your honesty.

summerific said...

Thanks for reading. It's nice to know someone reads my blogs and enjoys them. I think it's great that you're comfortable with you!!!