Thursday, April 7, 2011

Amazing program/app - Evernote

I have a list a mile long of things I want to blog about. And I get more ideas all the time. But I had to scratch all that and talk about an app that I really just fully understood - Evernote.

I downloaded the app on my EVO shortly after I got it last June but never really took the time to figure it out. But tonight, Teresa at organize.com shared this link about Evernote on Facebook that caught my eye. I knew I had the app on my phone and wanted to like it so it piqued my interest.

Let's just say I was super impressed. I immediately downloaded the program and the Google Chrome and Firefox extensions so I could clip webpages (yes, I use different browsers for different things) to my different Evernote notebooks (folders). I have a bad habit of emailing myself links, videos, etc. and crowding up my inbox with reminders of things I want to read or do. This could totally help ixnay that bad habit! And I can organize them however I want. So I have one for my blog, for me, the twins, etc.

Currently, I keep most things in Dropbox so I can access them at home, at work, and on my phone - recipes,  blog ideas, resume, etc, but they have to be a document. With Evernote, you can save webpages, pictures, and notes to yourself! I see this totally replacing my Dropbox. Except for maybe sharing? I use DropBox to share docs with my sister and other special people and I don't see that as an option in Evernote.

 Can't wait to get started!

No comments: