I’m linking up with Laura at orgjunkie.com for Menu Planning Monday.
- Salads and baked salmon – we got more corn salad in our Happy Box so we’re excited for more salads.
- Zesty Italian Sausage Pasta - Sean had some of this sausage and wanted to make a dish with it. We’re using spinach instead of broccoli and adding peppers (orange or red)
- Vegetable calzones with alfredo sauce – we have a bunch of leftover veggies from a vegetable lasagna we made a couple weeks ago that we froze for later use. We bought some French bread crust and are going to experiment with the veggies and sauce making a calzone of sorts. Sean is adding chicken to his.
- Shredded chicken with kale and lentils (April Everyday Food p. 60) and baked sweet potatoes
- Vegetable Jalfrezi – this is an awesome Jamie Oliver recipe. It makes a LOT and that’s one of the many reasons we love it. We can have it as leftovers later in the week. And we like to add a dollop of plain Greek yogurt on top.
- Lentil carrot burgers – I want to make these for the babies. We’ll see if I get around to it.
- Coleslaw – we have some cabbage that arrived in our Happy Box that I forgot to incorporate into our meals so we’ll be making some coleslaw for Sean to have for lunch and maybe for the babies to eat.
Thoughts about last week’s menu
- Red Lentil Dal and Saag with brown rice – I like my Indian food spicier and hotter, this was too cardamom-y? I dunno. I added a lot of Sriracha.
- Butternut Squash Soup and turkey burgers – this has been my favorite butternut squash soup so far! The turkey burgers were fab too. We made a little of our chipotle peppers in adobo sauce mayo for them. Perfect!
- Layered Lasagna casserole (family recipe) and salads
- Split Pea Soup and salads – the soup was really good. We’ll definitely make it again.