Monday, April 4, 2011

Menu Plan Monday - April 4, 2011

I’m linking up with Laura at orgjunkie.com for Menu Planning Monday.
  • Salads and baked salmon – we got more corn salad in our Happy Box so we’re excited for more salads.
  • Zesty Italian Sausage Pasta - Sean had some of this sausage and wanted to make a dish with it. We’re using spinach instead of broccoli and adding peppers (orange or red)
  • Vegetable calzones with alfredo sauce – we have a bunch of leftover veggies from a vegetable lasagna we made a couple weeks ago that we froze for later use. We bought some French bread crust and are going to experiment with the veggies and sauce making a calzone of sorts. Sean is adding chicken to his.
  • Shredded chicken with kale and lentils (April Everyday Food p. 60) and baked sweet potatoes
  • Vegetable Jalfrezi – this is an awesome Jamie Oliver recipe. It makes a LOT and that’s one of the many reasons we love it. We can have it as leftovers later in the week. And we like to add a dollop of plain Greek yogurt on top.
  • Lentil carrot burgers – I want to make these for the babies. We’ll see if I get around to it.
  • Coleslaw – we have some cabbage that arrived in our Happy Box that I forgot to incorporate into our meals so we’ll be making some coleslaw for Sean to have for lunch and maybe for the babies to eat. 

Thoughts about last week’s menu
  • Red Lentil Dal and Saag with brown rice – I like my Indian food spicier and hotter, this was too cardamom-y? I dunno. I added a lot of Sriracha.
  • Butternut Squash Soup and turkey burgers – this has been my favorite butternut squash soup so far! The turkey burgers were fab too. We made a little of our chipotle peppers in adobo sauce mayo for them. Perfect!
  • Layered Lasagna casserole (family recipe) and salads
  • Split Pea Soup and salads – the soup was really good. We’ll definitely make it again.



2 comments:

statekate said...

I enjoy the Zesty Italian Sausage Pasta! Thank you for letting us have some! I loved the noodles. I'm curious to find out their nutritional info.

summerific said...

I'll try to remember to look next time we're at the grocery.