Thursday, April 23, 2009

April 13, 2009

We went for our first ultrasound on Thursday (4/9). I don’t know about Sean but I went in there just wanting to know that everything was ok and see the heartbeat. The tech got the wand where she needed it and there were two spots on the screen. I just thought they had it on “double image” or something. But then she said, “Looks like there are two.” My first thought was, “this can’t be” but was quickly pushed out by a flurry of other thoughts. I felt my heartbeat rise and I started laughing and crying – I just couldn’t stop. I finally managed to ask, “Are you sure?” She calmly answered, “Yes.”

She asked if twins ran in the family. I told her, “My great-grandma had 9 kids and there weren’t any twins!” Sean was dressed for work and had to get up and take his long-sleeved shirt off.

- I have since found out that my great great aunt on my dad's side had twins.

No comments: