Tuesday, April 21, 2009

March 16, 2009

03/16/09
Since Sean & I decided to wait until after our first appointment, I decided to write some blogs in advance. It’s WAY harder than I thought it would be to keep everything under wraps. Fortunately, I’ve gotten to tell two people out of necessity – the receptionist at the Ob/Gyn’s office when I called to make an appointment and the nurse at my allergist. Speaking of the allergist, I can continue my injections but they will not raise my dose while I’m pregnant or nursing. That’s right, I said PREGNANT.

It’s so hard talking to my family, friends and co-workers and wanting to share the good news with them but feeling like it’s a bit too early. It will be especially hard because of the next three weekends. We’re visiting friends in Ft. Wayne this weekend. Then the next weekend Kathaniel is coming to visit. And the next weekend after that is May Day. We’re telling my family over Easter so I’m guessing we would’ve told Sean’s family by then. We’ll see.

Even though I’ve always been a firm believer about waiting until the 3 month mark, we’ve decided to tell family and close friends sooner than that since we’d want them to know if, heaven forbid, anything bad should happen. But we’re waiting until the first dr. visit, which unfortunately isn’t until March 26 because they have so many physicians out on vacay right now.

Normally, I consider myself to be even-keeled. But the emotional roller coaster that I’ve just begun really threw me for a loop over the weekend. Not to mention the fatigue. I know this party’s only just beginning but I’m tired already.

So far the biggest bummer has been my tea. I miss it. Before, I’d have a few cups of my herbal tea a day, plus a couple glasses of unsweetened decaf green tea. Apparently, green tea leaches all the Folic Acid from your body, which you need during pregnancy, so I cut that out. And I’m waiting to get a final verdict on the herbal tea from my dr. I only drink about 2 cups a day and they’re not things like St. John’s Wort and Ginseng. They’re just fruity teas that usually have things like hibiscus in them and a bunch of other ingredients I keep reading conflicting information about. I have no problem abstaining from all the other pregnancy no-no’s but I miss my herbal tea!!! I didn’t expect that :) I’ve found a few that seem to be ok.

No comments: