Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Advocare Day 2 - lunch

I guess I should talk a little bit about my goals with this 24-day cleanse. First and foremost, I want to lose weight. I don’t even really know what is typical or average for someone who follows the 24-day challenge as prescribed. I’d like to lose 15. We’ll see. Secondly, I want more energy. Other than one person I know, I’ve heard several stories about how great people feel after doing this – they even wake up without an alarm clock. How great would that be? And last but not least, I’m hoping a cleanse will flush my system of whatever is causing my eczema.

I keep going back and forth about actually admitting my weight. After all, it’s just a number, right? I don’t make a secret of the fact that I’m 50 lbs overweight. So anyone who has a general idea of what a woman who is 5’3’’ should weigh should be able to do to the math. But I’ll save you the trouble and come right out with it – 183. Well, that’s what I weighed yesterday morning. And yes, this is my pre-pregnancy weight. I had lost all my baby weight by the time M&E were 3 months old. So there you have it – 130 is what all those stupid weight charts say I should weigh. But I’d be thrilled w/150. I’m confident this 24-day challenge will be a good kick start for me.

Today's lunch was another chicken breast, brown jasmine rice with hot sauce (unbelievably good), and a small salad (exactly the same as yesterday's minus the tuna). I've only had 1 spark and feel pretty good. My energy is surprisingly good despite only having had 1 spark and NO COFFEE. Also, no headache yet today. That makes me wonder if it wasn't sinus pressure yesterday. I made sure to use the neti pot this morning.

No comments: