Friday, November 5, 2010

Advocare - My meals so far

At Heather’s request, here is what I’ve eaten so far. Depending on what we get in our Happy Box today, may diet may vary next week. I know that I have Swiss Chard & Collard Greens at home that need eaten so I’ll be eating those for the next couple days! I sure hope we get some more delicata squash because I love it. If not, I’ll be buying some!

I only include the Spark b/c it’s replacing my normal morning coffee and the fiber drink. In addition to those 2 things, my 10-day cleanse includes 3 herbal vitamins before bed and days 4-10 include 2 small probiotic pills ½ before breakfast. I got a promotional deal, but normally, you would also take some Omegaplex supplements after dinner. I ordered these separately and they should be arriving today. The second part of the challenge (the last 14 days) things will be different.

Please keep in mind that I’m still nursing twins in the morning and at dinner and bedtime. So my calories needs are still a little higher than compared to a woman my age/weight/height who isn’t nursing. I just eat as I’m hungry and if I’m still hungry after a meal or snack, I eat more veggies or protein.

Day 1
Breakfast – fiber drink, then half our later an apple
Snack (around 10:30) – hard boiled egg and approx 20 raw almonds, Spark
Lunch - HUGE salad w/canned tuna packed in water w/balsamic vinegar & EVOO dressing
Snack (around 3pm) – hard boiled egg and approx 10 carrot sticks (we don’t do baby carrots), Spark
Dinner – chicken breast (Sean fried it in a tiny bit of oil w/Montreal seasoning), salad w/balsamic vinegar & EVOO dressing and brown jasmine rice w/hot sauce
Snack – apple

On any given day, a typical salad for me may have any combination of these ingredients:
Random greens – romaine, spinach, mizuna, green leaf or anything else we get in our happy box)
Radishes
Cucumbers
Tomato
Frozen peas (thawed)
Artichoke hearts (canned in water)
Avocado
Hearts of palm (one of our favorites but these are a treat b/c they’re like $3.59/can)
Sugar Snap peas

Day 2
Breakfast – fiber drink, then half our later an apple
Snack – hard boiled egg and approx 20 raw almonds, Spark
Lunch - HUGE salad w/balsamic vinegar & EVOO dressing and a chicken breast (same as dinner last night)
Snack – hard boiled egg and approx 10 carrot sticks, Spark
Dinner – chicken breast (Sean fried it in a tiny bit of oil w/Montreal seasoning), salad w/balsamic vinegar & EVOO dressing and brown jasmine rice and hot sauce
Snack – apple

Day 3
Breakfast – fiber drink, then half hour later an apple
Snack – hard boiled egg and approx 20 raw almonds, Spark
Lunch – Baked salmon filet sprinkled with rosemary salt, steamed cauliflower and zucchini sprinkled with garlic garlic (Tastefully Simple) and brown Jasmine rice w/hot sauce
Snack – 2 hard boiled eggs, approx 10 carrot sticks and approx 20 raw almonds (hungrier than normal today), Spark
Dinner – Baked salmon filet (same as lunch) steamed cauliflower and zucchini sprinkled with garlic garlic (Tastefully Simple), brown Jasmine rice w/hot sauce, and some roasted delicate squash
Snack – no snack


Day 4
7:30am – Slam! (never had any Spark the rest of the day)
Breakfast – Apple
Snack – hard boiled egg and approx 20 raw almonds
Lunch – baked turkey burger (homemade) HUGE salad w/balsamic vinegar & EVOO dressing and some roasted delicata squash
Snack – Hard boiled egg (didn’t eat the egg until 4 and then, it was only b/c I never know how late my dinner is going to be b/c of the babies and didn’t want to be STARVING all evening)
Dinner – medium salad w/balsamic vinegar & EVOO dressing, a turkey burger and approx ½ c brown jasmine rice w/hot sauce
Snack – no snack

No comments: